We have an ever-increasing number of Facebook folks, posting all kinds of stuff in the CUA Facebook group: worship service videos, zoom meeting invitations, sermon videos, etc., in addition to the more common articles and blog posts from their respective ministries. For those wishing to continue posting from their congregations & ministries, it’s time to formally affiliate with the CUA. While we avoid the term “denomination,” we provide many of the services, resources, and events of a small denomination:
What the CUA has to offer individuals:
- Conventions, conferences, regional gatherings, and online conversations
- Ministerial Education by correspondence (as an alternative to seminary)
- Ordination as Clergy, for both chaplains and congregational ministers
- Chaplain Endorsement
What the CUA has to offer congregations and other ministries:
- Official recognition for congregations and ministries
- Search assistance for hiring a pastor or chaplain
- Resources to support, understand, and spread the message of universal reconciliation–that the restorative love and peacemaking ethics of Jesus frees people to love one another rather than struggling under the burden of religion
- Resources and support, to understand and spread the practice of working toward restorative solutions and responses to conflict and social problems
Yes!!! Members have the opportunity to write for CUA publications; like our website and newsletter. Affiliated congregations & ministries also benefit from promotion and publicity that’s unavailable to non-members. As an integral part of the CUA, you’ll have a larger ministry footprint, the kind that is only possible in cooperation: You will be part of Christian Universalist ministerial education, ordination of clergy into both congregational ministry and chaplaincy, formal endorsement of chaplains, the translation and updating of historically important Christian Universalist writings, and so much more!
All affiliates retain complete autonomy, but become part of a larger family of like-minded believers. We are all here to help one another as we rejoice in the truly Good News!