The Christian Universalist Association offers a wide selection of resources for study and sharing the hopeful Gospel of universal salvation. We invite you to read, watch, listen, and open your heart and mind to the Christian teaching that God loves and saves all.
- What Is the Difference between Christian Universalism and Unitarian Universalism?
- Universal Salvation. Commentary on part of our Statement of Faith.
- God Never Gives Up — Not Ever! by Charles Slagle. Some of the basic concepts of Christian Universalism, based on the Bible.
- Beyond the “Hell” Issue: Universalism as a Comprehensive View of Spiritual Reality by Rev. Eric Stetson.
- The History of Universalism. This long two-part article discusses important individuals, church movements and groups throughout history that have believed in the Universalist Gospel, from the time of Jesus to the present day.
- More articles
Universalism: Just Right
CUA President Kalen Fristad speaks at the Christian Universalist Celebration 2010, October 23, in Cincinnati, Ohio. He compares three types of Christian belief about salvation — Calvinism, Arminianism, and Universalism — and uses the story of “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” to conclude that Universalism is “just right.”
CU Minister Tim King speaks at the Christian Universalist Celebration 2009, November 7, in Nashville, Tennessee. He shatters the myths about “eternal hell” and explains how these ideas were imported from pagan religions rather than coming from the teachings of the Hebrew prophets and Jesus Christ.
- Speech by CUA Co-Founder Eric Stetson (format: MP3. length: 23:33). Recorded at the Unitarian Universalist Christian Fellowship conference in Cleveland, Ohio, on November 2, 2007. Eric shares his personal spiritual journey of coming to believe in Christian Universalism, discusses the great denominational diversity among Christian Universalists today, and tells about the founding of the CUA to lead an ecumenical movement to reclaim the Christian heritage of Universalism.
- More audio
Christian Universalism: God’s Good News For All People
By Eric Stetson
2008, Sparkling Bay Books. 144 pages — paperback
CUA founder Eric Stetson wrote this short introduction to Christian Universalism for a general audience. Eric forcefully argues for the Biblical teaching of universal salvation, responds to the most common objections, and provides a brief history of the CU faith. This book also serves as an overview of Christianity in general from a Universalist perspective, covering major theological themes. Endorsed by ministers from a diversity of denominations and backgrounds.
Destined For Salvation: God’s Promise to Save Everyone
By Kalen Fristad
2003, Morris Publishing. 170 pages — paperback
A CUA leader from its founding, Kalen is a United Methodist minister who has traveled back and forth across the United States preaching and presenting the faith of Christian Universalism to groups and churches all over. His book is an easy-to-read introduction to Christian Universalism, covering the major arguments for the salvation of all and refuting belief in eternal damnation.