This year has been particularly hard as the world has struggled with the Covid-19 pandemic. Our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones, been ill, lost employment, are struggling to keep their businesses afloat, or are dealing with the stress and anxiety.
In the midst of this, there have been exciting things happening for the CUA in 2020!
- We ordained Rev. Andrew Young! Andrew is an American citizen living in Japan and has started an online worship service, Community Universalist Church; which is in the process of becoming affiliated with the CUA.
- We have officially affiliated with the Good Shepherd Church, which is based in Hong Kong. Right now, it is a Facebook congregation, but they are hoping to have a physical church in Hong Kong in 2021! We have several other congregations that are submitting paperwork to become an affiliated ministry.
- Through generous donations, we were able to acquire Spanish-language universalist reference books, texts, and study Bibles for a Pastor in Cuba. We are working with the Pastor to affiliate his church with the CUA.
- Our Executive Minister, Lance Haverkamp, was a guest on the Pastor With No Answers Podcast with Joey Svendsen.
- We currently have 20 students in our Education Program and 19 in our Ordination Program.
- Between official members & subscribers, we have over 1,500 worldwide, plus over 2,800 who participate in social media.
The convention that we started to schedule for 2020 had to be postponed for Covid. We are hopeful that we will be able to have the convention in 2021 or 2022! Watch for details.
We are moving towards becoming an Endorsing body for Federal chaplains. To this end, some of our CUA chaplains met to look over our ministry program coursework options. We appreciate their help in making these improvements.
We want to say a big thank you to all our volunteers: Board members, Committee members, Facebook moderators, our Scribe, Bookkeeper, Executive Minister, and the IT Team. We could not function without all your hard work!
A big thank you to all who gave their support to the CUA; especially those who supported us financially through monthly giving or one-time donations. Your contributions enable us to spread the Good News that all will be well…for everyone…no exceptions.