When the CUA was founded, in 2007, it was just a discussion group for theologians, and repository for information about ultimate reconciliation. We did not call ourselves a denomination, and still don’t; but our founders learned, quickly, that the CUA was called to provide denominational services:
- Official recognition for congregations and ministries
- Ministerial Education by correspondence (as an alternative to seminary)
- Ordination as Clergy, for both chaplains and congregational ministers
- Official Endorsement for chaplains
- Search assistance for hiring a pastor or chaplain
- Conventions, conferences, regional gatherings, and online conversations
This all takes staff, time, and expertise. Great things are happening at the CUA, and we want you to be a part of it!